Continue Columbiatwo more Latin American countries Removed all pandemic-era travel restrictionsallow entry of foreign tourists based on pre-2020 guidelines.
Despite having a reputation as one of the friendliest destinations in the world early in the crisis, the geopolitical region closed its borders and vaccinated as soon as a vaccine became available. imposed immigration bans and other strict laws on unsolicited visitors. to curb the spread of the virus.
After almost two years, strict border inspectionespecially after the World Health Organization declared a pandemic, countries in the region seem ready to get back to normalthat’s all‘:
Chile and Costa Rica lift all travel restrictions
Hispanic countries Chile and Costa Rica abolished all COVID-19-related entry requirements within days, marking the first time all visitors failed to comply with health-related requirements since they were first imposed in early 2020. I was able to enter the country.
This means that US citizens and passport holders outside of Chile and Costa Rica will now be able to travel to both countries. Without worrying about COVID-19 obligationsincluding presentation of vaccination certificate and/or negative test as valid proof of entry.
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans for 2023 Starting at $10 a Week
From May 5, 2023 and May 9, 2023 onwards, all of the following apply to tourists wishing to enter Costa Rica and Chile, respectively:
- No vaccination certificate required
- No pre-departure test required
- No need to fill out immigration forms before departure
- Unvaccinated travelers do not undergo rigorous testing upon landing
Travel updates are first issued by the relevant health authorities in Latin countries and then by Confirmed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Map And finally, the US embassies in Chile and Costa Rica.
Prior to the update, unvaccinated travelers were routinely denied boarding flights to Costa Rica or Chile unless they could present a negative antigen test result issued within days or hours. bottom. For Chile, online pre-travel registration was also mandatory.
now, No more vaccine discrimination by border inspectors.
What about Easter Island?
Despite being part of Chile, the Polynesian volcanic island of Easter Island may impose different entry requirements on foreign arrivals due to its special status.
If you are planning to travel to Easter Island, please check with your airline in advance about entry requirements.
Previously, the island was completely cut off from the rest of the world to protect its small population from the ever-evolving variants of the novel coronavirus.they just lifted the immigration ban May 2022but health protocol continued to apply.
Easter Island is famous for Moai Sculpture depicting a large figure with an oversized head, built by indigenous people between the 13th and 16th centuries.
This destination is served by direct flights departing from Santiago, Chile, or Papeete, French Polynesia.
Why visit Chile?
Chile is one of Latin America’s most fascinating natural destinations. Most developed country in the global South.
Boasting an incredibly diverse territory of high mountains and volcanoes, otherworldly arid landscapes and a long, rugged Pacific coastline, Chile is a nature lover’s getaway dream.
Major attractions include:
- Santiagoa fast-growing capital city with skyscrapers against the backdrop of the Andes Mountains
- ValparaisoCity best known for its street art and birthplace of Chilean poet Pablo Neruda
- atacama deserta vast plateau stretching over 990 miles with Martian-like landscapes
- ChiloeThe second largest island in South America after Tierra del Fuego in Argentina, it has a different culture and architecture from the mainland.
- Iquiquea coastal town full of casinos called “Monte Carlo” in Chile
- Chilean fjorda cruise through Chilean Patagonia is the best
- La SerenaA quaint town in northern Chile and a gateway to the scenic Elqui Valley, popular with hikers and trekkers.
Why Visit Costa Rica?
Take the crown of Central America Number one tourist destinationCosta Rica is Best place for digital detoxfeaturing lush tropical jungles, pristine beaches, and a laid-back lifestyle unspoiled by mankind.
since launch one of the most accessible In the digital nomad visa (DNV) market, Costa Rica is attracting both young entrepreneurs and remote workers seeking tax breaks and a better work-life balance.
Popular places in Costa Rica are:
- San Josea sprawling capital home to world-class museums and a vibrant nightlife
- carthagea historic colonial town that served as the capital of Costa Rica from the 16th to the 19th centuries
- Manual Antonio National ParkPlenty of hiking trails and ripple-free sandy beaches
- Arenal an area of outstanding natural beauty in northwestern Costa Rica consisting of active volcanoes and picturesque lakes
- Monteverdea popular ecotourism center with over 250,000 visitors each year
- Poas Volcanoan active stratovolcano with two sulfur lakes in its center, offering breathtaking panoramas of the surrounding mountains.
- Santa Teresaa traditional coastal town packed with hostels, surf shops, trendy bars and packed with backpackers
Click to see which countries have recently reopened tourism here.
Alert for travelers: Don’t forget travel insurance for your next trip!
↓ Join the community ↓
of Travel Offpass Community FB Group Get the latest news, conversations, and Q&A about reopening daily.
Subscribe for latest posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest travel news directly to your inbox.
This article was originally published on TravelOffPath.com