The gentle warmth of spring makes us *utterly* crave summer. not.
If the fear of a looming exam is blocking all your summer fantasies, you’re not alone. The final stretch of the pre-summer school year can be tough, but we’re here to make the experience a little less stressful.
We’ve compiled all the tips, supplies and The snack you need to absolutely ace the last few weeks of school. That stress-free summer mindset will soon be yours, bb!
Back in school, when I went through my backpack and found half a pack of chewing gum and a broken pencil.
got it. You’ve been doing this school thing since his September and you’ve run out of supplies. Now is the time to improve this situation. Here’s what you need: Upgrade note taking Test szn:
1) cute set multi color pen You can use it to color code your notes (helps you remember information better!) or to mark up your final paper edits.
2) college lined paper Keep these notes perfectly organized and easy to read.
3) index cardsupplements the study guide and makes reviewing notes more interactive.
Remember that feeling on your first day waiting to take notes with a stack of new notebooks and a full case of new pens? Replenishment is not only important for all “practical” reasons (i.e. writing a resume), but it also helps restore motivation.
Along with all school supplies, music can also be a very helpful tool during exams. For many people, listening to music while studying helps them focus and “tune in” to their work. If you find it difficult to sit through carefully curated notes, you may need the right mix of music.
So what’s the perfect learning playlist? Anything that isn’t too distracting, honestly. We recommend instrumental versions of all your favorite songs. This way you can enjoy the music, but you won’t be tempted to sing along until *after* you’re ready for the big test.Well, everyone has different tastes in music, so check it out This GL article Find the learning playlist that best fits your mood.
Now that your notecard is ready and your lo-fi playlist is ready to play on repeat, it’s time to get to work.
Trust us when we say that studying shouldn’t be stressful! If you’re feeling overwhelmed, it could be a sign that you need to rethink your study habits. Find a list of study habits you need to shut down. here.) When you study, remember:
1) set goals for yourself. Either review all the vocabulary in Chapter 10 by the end of the day, master his quadratic formula by the end of the week, or plan your study session. This will keep you on track during an already busy period.
2) Get a breakDon’t try to work all day. If you feel like you’re having trouble concentrating, take it as a sign to step back and do something fun for yourself. Try to get back to the book eventually.
3) repeat, repeat, repeat. Repetition is your best friend. You “finally” understand the Krebs cycle. congratulations. However, visit the topic again after a while to make sure you really have the information. If you can recite facts several times a day, you’re good.
Need a refreshment in the middle of a biology review? Power up the rest of your work with a nutritious (yet delicious!) snack. Trust us, your body and mind will thank you.
The ideal nosh under study should be rich in carbohydrates and protein, and completely delicious. Bonus points for on-the-go performance!We’ve rounded up some of our favorite hunger-busting combos
1) Ants on a Log: Satisfy your sweet tooth with a healthy treat. Yes it is possible. Cut the celery into 2-inch slices and top it with a generous spoonful of peanut butter. This will be your “log”. Topped with a trail of cute little chocolate chip ‘ants’, it’s a snack that’s as energetic as it is adorable.
2) Energy Bars: They are called “energy” bars for a reason.If you’re studying away from home, our delicious, individually-wrapped energy bars make the easiest healthy snack. mini cliff bar For quick study or naturally packed with protein GoMacro Bar For long hours of work.
3) Trail Mix: Known for its versatility, Trail Mix serves as a high-energy snack for all taste buds. Nuts and dried fruits are popular add-ins, but feel free to get creative! Pro Tip: M&Ms make for a colorful and delicious mix.
Finally, remember that it’s okay to take a break, even during the tough times that are exam time.
If you’re feeling symptoms of burnout (fatigue, lack of motivation, etc.), it’s important to step back from work and do something that brings you personal joy. Does playing with your dog make you very happy? Take your pet for a walk around the neighborhood. Addicted to shows on Netflix? Watch the next episode.
Exams can sometimes feel like the end of the world, but the score you get will never define you. Studying is important, but taking care of your mental health is even more important. Sit back, relax, and read the addictive fantasy novels you’ve been ignoring for your history homework.
Looking for more tips? Follow us on Instagram @girlslifemag Stay up to date with all the best school advice.
Top image: @yaratomdyara
Slider image: @isabellapmayer
All GIFs Via Giphy